Heron Island Resort
Via Gladstone , Heron Island QLD 4680
Heron Island Resort is a true coral cay, located right on the Great Barrier Reef. The island is ribboned by sugar white sands, crystal clear waters and acres of brilliant coral with beautifully coloured marine life a real nature lover's paradise. Heron offers many activities such as guided island and reef walks, semi-submersible cruises and beach picnics. An amazing array of animal and bird life can also be discovered right throughout the year. And of course Heron is world famous for its scuba diving and snorkelling. If it's school holidays, you can sign the kids up for the Heron Junior Rangers (7-12yrs), where they'll get up close and personal with a wonderful variety of marine creatures, and explore the fascinating coral cay forest and woodlands. Heron Island Resort is a haven of marine colour and relaxation, with magical ocean views from many of the rooms.
- Bar on Premises
- Day Spa
- Currency Exchange
- Internet Facilities
- Kids Club
- Guest Laundry
- Night Entertainment
- Pay Phone
- Restaurant - Licensed
- Safety Deposit Box Available
- Resort Shop
- Tennis Court - Full Size
- Water Sports Gear
08.30am to 7.00pm.
Varies with transfers (usually around 2.00pm).
Check In/Out Info:
Please refer to travel documentation regarding access out of reception hours.
Number Of Rooms:
Number Of Floors:
Distance To Nearest Beach:
Credit Cards Accepted:
All major credit cards.
Note that a credit card may be requested upon check-in as a form of security deposit.
Day Spa Facilities:
Day Spa available, charges payable direct.
Accessible Facilities: Disabled room(s) available on request.
Babysitting available on request, charges apply, payable direct.
Junior Rangers (Available during Australian school holidays for children 07-12 years inclusive)
Junior Rangers program - a one off registration fee per child applies during Australian school holiday periods. The registration fee ensures full membership which includes - free access to Junior Rangers activities for the duration of stay, a Heron Kids Junior Ranger cap, Heron Kids Junior Ranger workbook and each of the 15 brightly coloured cloth badges as they are earned.
Note - additional fees apply for snorkelling, semi sub and fishing trips.
- If making your own way to Gladstone Marina the location is Bryan Jordan Drive, Gladstone.
- Secure car lock-up facilities are available for approximately AUD11.00 per day (AUD55.00 per week) for a covered car park (charges payable direct and subject to change without notice).
Launch Transfer Information: Heron Island Resort lies on the Tropic of Capricorn, 72 kilometres off the Queensland coast NE of Gladstone.
- Transfer duration by boat is approximately 2 hours (subject to weather conditions).
- At 34 metres, The Heron Islander is specifically designed to provide a comfortable and spacious transfer from the Queensland mainland to Heron Island. She comfortably seats 170 and has a top speed of 30 knots (55kmh).
- Arrival details into Gladstone must be advised at time of booking in order to confirm launch transfers.
Seaplane Transfer Information:Seaplane transfers operated by Australia by Seaplane from Gladstone to Heron Island depart daily between 7:00am and 4:30pm. Flight time is approximately 25 minutes, and is subject to tides.
Launch Transfer: Gladstone Marina to Heron Island schedule:
Valid for 01APR15-05OCT15:
Departure Point: Gladstone Marina (EST): 11:00am
Arrival Time: Heron Island (EST + 1): 2:00pm
Valid for 07OCT15-31MAR16:
Departure Point: Gladstone Marina (EST): 2:00pm
Arrival Time: Heron Island (EST + 1): 5:00pm
- Guests arriving into Gladstone on flights arriving on or prior to 10:05am will be provided with a transfer from Gladstone Airport to the Marina. Please make your way to the front of the Terminal once you have collected your luggage to meet the transfer service (transfer departs approximately 10:15am).
~~ 01-Apr-2015 to 05-Oct-2015~~Valid for 01APR15-05OCT15:
Departure Point: Gladstone Marina (EST): 11:00am.~~~~
~~ 07-Oct-2015 to 31-Mar-2016~~Valid for 07OCT15-31MAR16:
Departure Point: Gladstone Marina (EST): 2:00pm
Arrival Time: Heron Island (EST + 1): 5:00pm.~~~~
~~ 01-Apr-2015 to 31-Mar-2016~~Valid for 01APR15-31MAR16:
- Guests arriving into Gladstone on flights arriving on or prior to 10:05am will be provided with a transfer from Gladstone Airport to the Marina. Please make your way to the front of the Terminal once you have collected your luggage to meet the transfer service (transfer departs approximately 10:15am).~~~~
Valid for 01APR15-31MAR17:
- Heron Island Resort is in partnership with the Sea Turtle Foundation, a non-profit, non-government organisation dedicated to safeguarding sea turtle populations, migration routes and habitats. The partnership aims to provide guests with a greater opportunity to understand and support the Green and Loggerhead turtles which swim in the nearby waters. An optional donation of AUD10.00 on check-out will help to support the Foundation. Guests who do not wish to donate can request the charge be removed from their account.
- No check-in or check-out is permitted on Christmas Day as transfers do not operate on this day.
Environmental Management Charge:
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority have implemented an environmental management charge (EMC). The EMC applies to all visitors to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. As Heron Island is located within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, the belowÂ fee will be incurred andÂ payable by guests direct on check out;
Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 (excl GST) per person per day (for guests 5 years and older) to a maximum of $19.50 per person per stay will be charged direct to guests.
Dates and Passenger details
1300 551 669 within Australia
+61 7353 54534 worldwide