Kingfisher Bay Resort
Fraser Island , Fraser Island QLD 4655
Have a stress free break and revitalize your mind and body at Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island.
Experience the natural beauty, peace and tranquillity of the island while staying in world-class comfort at Kingfisher Bay Resort. Simply laze around the pool, have a massage or relax in a spa. Indulge in some wicked cocktails or take a champagne cruise to watch the sun set over the sea. Picnic by crystal clear lakes or follow pristine streams through ancient rainforests. Take a cruise to find dolphins, dugong and turtles at play in the calm, island waters.
Kingfisher Bay Resort is located just north of Noosa. Kids can enjoy themselves with the Junior Eco Ranger Program (05-14 years), which operates on weekends and during school holidays. Babysitting and kids club (under 5 years is also available).
Kingfisher Bay Resort has advanced accreditation as a genuine ecotourism product. You can be assured of a commitment to best practice environmental management and the provision for quality ecotourism experience.
- Bar on Premises
- Child Minding Facilities
- Eftpos Facilities
- Kids Club
- Guest Laundry
- Night Entertainment
- Restaurant - On Premises
- Resort Shop
- Tennis Court - Full Size
- Water Sports Gear
Number Of Rooms:
Number Of Floors:
Distance To Nearest Airport:
Credit Cards Accepted:
All major credit cards.
Note that a credit card may be requested upon check-in as a form of security deposit.
Disabled room(s) available on request.
Babysitting and Junior Eco Rangers program available, charges payable direct.
Kids become Junior Rangers while on holiday. Bushwalking, games, craft, camp sing-a-longs and story telling, spotlighting for Native animals and using a compass are just of the activities available. Kids Club is at an additional charge, payable direct.
Junior Eco-Ranger Program:
Eligible age group - 5-14 years old.
Hours of Operation:
Weekends and Australian school holidays.
Morning Session - 10:00am-12:00pm. Includes: Junior Ranger activities.
Afternoon Session - 1:30pm-3:30pm. Includes: Eco Teens activities.
Evening Session - 5:30pm-9:00pm. Includes: Dinner and evening activities.
Maheno Restaurant and Lounge Bar: Casual dining overlooking the pool. Offers hot buffet breakfast, themed buffet dinners, hot and cold dishes and desserts, seafood buffet on Fridays and Saturdays, lunches on the deck or poolside.
Seabelle Restaurant and Wine Bar: Bush tucker meets modern Australian cuisine, fresh Australian seafood, extensive vegetarian menu. Is a theatre style kitchen and large deck with bush views.
Jetty Hutt: Offers snacks, cold beer, softdrinks and coffee/tea along with confectionary and ice cream. Also sells all fishing gear, ice, bait, hats and maps.
Sand Bar and Bistro: Overlooking the beach and two pools. Offers reasonably priced bistro menu, gourmet pizzas and a carvery on Sundays.
River Heads Car Parking:
- Secure car parking is available adjacent to the Kingfisher Bay Resort Mainland Reception.
- Pre-booking is essential.
Please select from our transfer options.
From Brisbane to Hervey Bay:
- Kingfisher Bay Resort operates coach transfers from Brisbane with Tory's Tours. Transfers operate once a day from Brisbane Roma Street Transit Centre, Brisbane Domestic Airport and Brisbane International Airport. Transfers must be booked in conjunction with launch transfers and accommodation at Kingfisher Bay Resort. Travel time is approximately 5 hours.
From River Heads:
- Kingfisher 4WD vehicle ferry transfers operate daily transfers between River Heads and Fraser Island. Pre-purchase of vehicle access permits is required for all vehicles entering the Great Sandy National Park.
- Vehicle ferry transfer price does not include a 4WD vehicle access permit.
- 4WD permits may be obtained from Mainland Reception, at Kingfisher Bay Resort reception upon arrival and at Queensland National Parks and Wildlife Service offices including Brisbane, Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Bundaberg and Rainbow Beach.
- Travel time from River Heads to Fraser Island is approximately one hour. Transfers are an additional cost.
From Hervey Bay Airport:
MI Helicopters are offering daily transfers from Hervey Bay Airport to Kingfisher Bay Resort. With only 8 minutes travel time it makes MI Helicopters the quickest way to get from Hervey Bay to Kingfisher Bay Resort.
- All transfers must be reconfirmed 24 hours prior to departure on 1800 072 555.
Dates and Passenger details
1300 551 669 within Australia
+61 7353 54534 worldwide